How I work
My training is Integrative-relational. This means that I draw from a range of theories and approaches to support my work. It also means that I believe that it is the relationship between you and me that is the most important thing in helping you to find your way through the difficulties you may be experiencing.
I specialise in Bereavement and Loss. This includes the following:
- The passing of a loved one
- Divorce and separation
- The loss of a significant relationship
- A sense of displacement experienced after a significant move
- Children leaving home
- Entering a new life stage
- Issues of identity - who am I now since this has happened?
- Loss of pregnancy
- Low mood and low self-esteem
Each counselling session costs £50, a discounted rate can be discussed if you are a student, on low-income or unemployed.
Our first session would be an assessment session for which you would pay £25. At this initial session, we would be to exploring whether there is a good rapport between us and if you feel comfortable working with me as we start out on this journey together.